Last Friday I announced the appointment of two new members to my Cabinet and today they joined me at my Cabinet meeting.
Anna Keen, councillor for Hillfields ward, will take up the role of Cabinet Member for Education and Skills and
Kye Dudd, councillor for Central ward, will take on the role of Cabinet Member for Energy, Waste and Regulatory Services.
I am extremely pleased to be welcoming Anna and Kye to the Cabinet. We are working hard to provide essential services and deliver on our aspirations for the city. In Anna and Kye we have two committed, talented and energetic people who will lead, collaborate with partners and engage with citizens
Their experience and knowledge of Bristol and the people they need to work with will be invaluable assets. They will also be coming from a position of strength in taking over from former Cabinet Members Councillor Claire Hiscott and Councillor Fi Hance, to whom I am very grateful. I’m looking forward to working closely with Anna and Kye on their respective portfolios.
As Cabinet Member for Education and Skills, Councillor Keen will take a lead on working with partners and officers to continue supporting schools in Bristol to forward the recent trend of academic attainment, develop the city’s skills base though collaborating with private and public organisations to deliver training programmes and be a link to the West of England Combined Authority in delivering adult skills projects. Councillor Keen will also continue to lead on the Feeding Bristol project.
Councillor Dudd will take up his position as Cabinet member for Energy, Waste and Regulatory Services. This portfolio includes taking a lead in meeting the Mayor’s goal of Bristol becoming a carbon free city by 2050 and a variety of projects including the city’s Clean Streets Campaign, air quality projects, flood risk management, public protection and continue to lead on sport development.
Cabinet Members as of 1 December 2017:
- Councillor Craig Cheney, Deputy Mayor – Finance, Governance and Performance
- Councillor Asher Craig, Deputy Mayor – Communities (Public Health, Public Transport, Libraries, Parks), Events and Equalities
- Councillor Helen Godwin – Children and Young People
- Councillor Kye Dudd – Energy, Waste and Regulatory Services
- Councillor Anna Keen – Education and Skills
- Councillor Helen Holland – Adult Social Care
- Councillor Paul Smith – Housing
- Councillor Mhairi Threlfall – Transport and Connectivity
- Councillor Nicola Beech – Strategic Planning and City Design